The Alter G anti-gravity treadmill was developed by NASA, to reduce the load on joints.
Perfect for rehabilitation of :
* Stress fractures
* Lower back pain
* Knee pain
* Ankle sprains
* Gait - retraining
* Post operative rehab
The Alter G advantage in sports. The world's best athletes and sports teams are training with the Alter G anti-gravity treadmill to maximize their performance.
Rehabilitation. Allows patients to rehabilitate with less pain while reducing the risk of further injury. Provides our physiotherapists with a precise way to track patients progress. Acts as both a rehab device and wellness tool.
Refer Costs Page for Casual Rates and Session Passes
Book - 07 3335 5222
What Is The ALTER G?
The ALTER G Anti - Gravity Treadmill is an innovative rehab and training device developed by NASA. It's unique under weighting technology allows users to exercise at a chosen percentage of their bodyweight ranging from 100% to as little as 20%. This in turn reduces the impact on your back and lower limbs. The ALTER G is safe, comfortable and easy to use.
How It Works
The user wears neoprene shorts (provided) that zip into a pressurized, airtight bag. By controlling the pressure inside the bag you can easily change your bodyweight in 1% increments, reducing your weight by as much as 80%.
7 Reasons To Use The ALTER G
1. POST SURGERY REHABILITATION- Earlier mobility post surgery is possible if the forces of gravity are reduced. Early mobility also helps prevent muscular wasting, improves joint range of motion early, promotes healing tissue growth and reduces scar tissue. All of this done in a stable environment.
2. RETURN TO EXERCISE SOONER AFTER INJURY - The ALTER G makes it possible to return to running and walking earlier following hip, knee or ankle injuries, bone & stress fractures, tendinopathies and shin splints.
3. BENEFITS HEALTHY USERS TOO! - Uninjured Athletes or Runners can add extra training kilometers without the same impact load, making it great for additional training for example, when preparing for a marathon.
4. OFFERS A MANAGEABLE AND STABLE EXERCISE ENVIRONMENT FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH MEDICAL CONDITIONS SUCH AS PARKINSONS, M.S AND ARTHRITIS.
5. FALL PREVENTION - The ALTER G enables older people to continue running and walking later into life in a stable exercise environment. The ongoing benefits of exercise include improved muscle strength, flexibility and balance which all help to prevent falls.
6. WEIGHT CONTROL AND REDUCTION - For bodies that struggle with walking and running the ALTER G provides an environment that enables users to exercise more intensively than they normally could without the stress.
7. FUN AND EASY TO USE. Imagine Running or Walking like you're on the Moon!