Physio with Exercise and Pilates may be recommended for clients requesting an:
- Additional exercise option to compliment their physiotherapy
- Ongoing exercise option post physiotherapy to prevent future injuries and maintain/improve good health.
We keep these classes at a maximum of four people, enabling our instructors to spend one-on-one time with each client, reducing the risk of injury and providing maximum benefit.
Both classes utilise various equipment to perform the prescribed exercises, one of which is the Reformer. The Reformer provides finely tuned exercise resistance that allows one to work very precisely to develop good alignment, core strength, and flexibility.
We offer two types of classes:
Pilates Exercise with Physio
Single Class $58 (1 hour)
Conducted by a qualified physiotherapist, these classes consist of a variety of exercises that is evidence-based and tailored to our patients’ needs. Some of these exercises are drawn from Pilates and utilise Pilates-based equipment.
These classes can be claimed under a rebate with Private Health Funds. We recommend contacting your private health provider to confirm if this is the case.
Pilates Exercise with Instructor
Single Class $42.50 (1 hour)
Pilates classes are a system of body conditioning, designed to strengthen and lengthen the body’s muscles with emphasis on reducing the incidence of back pain and injury, conducted by our experienced instructors. Pilates is beneficial as a stand-alone exercise or in addition to any other exercise or sport where strength, conditioning and flexibility are key.
Not claimable with your Private Health Fund.
You may be able to claim back from your private health fund for Physiotherapy with Exercise if you have ‘Lifestyle or similar cover’. Please check with your health fund.
If you are a DVA Gold Cardholder we will bill directly to them provided we have a current referral from your GP.
We require 24 hours notice for cancellations for physiotherapy and Pilates as this allows us to call someone from our waiting list.
A charge of the price of your class applies if 24 hours notice is NOT given. This will need to be paid prior to your next class.
Individualised Assessment and Programming
When you come for Exercise with Physiotherapy or Pilates, we perform an initial assessment in order to:
- Check the suitability
- Be able to provide the correct exercises for you
- Check your general health
Before we start, all patients will need to be reviewed by one of the physiotherapists prior to Pilates for a number of reasons.
- Identify any signs and symotoms of disorders that cannot be helped with physiotherapy or Pilates
- Assess your movement strategies in order to tailor a specific exercise program for you
- Assess your ability to activate your core muscles to correctly teach the most effective method of isolating the muscle
Benefits of our classes
The benefits of physiotherapy and Pilates are many and varied, however with time and dedication they can:
- Improve strength, flexibility, circulation and balance
- Tone and build long, lean muscles without bulk
- Challenge deep abdominal muscles to support the core
- Engage the mind and enhance body awareness
- Condition efficient patterns of movement making the body less prone to injury
- Reduce stress, relieve tension, boost energy through deep stretching
- Restore postural alignment
- Correct over-training of muscle groups which can lead to stress and injury
- Compliment sports training and develop functional fitness for daily life activity
Group Class Etiquette
- Arrive on time for your class
- Enter the class quickly and quietly if you are late
- Feel free to ask your instructor questions during class
- Let your instructor know about any injury or health condition that may affect your ability to perform during class
- Turn off your mobile telephone and electronic devices
- Bring a drink bottle
- Remove your shoes
- Bring a pair of socks (preferably non slip)
- Wear comfortable appropriate clothing
Please do not...
- Be a “No Show” to avoid a late cancellation fee
- Do any exercise that hurts you or gives you pain
- Use class time as “chat time”